Saturday 18 November 2017

2017 Dividend Update

At the end of this year, I gave myself a target of pocketing $1100 of dividend. After the last wave of results for all my companies, I have collated the dividends received and in 2017, I have received a total of $1083.87. A little shy of the $1100 target!

Achieving this target was not easy in 2017 as one of my core holdings, Singapore Post, decided to peg dividend payout to earnings rather than a fixed rate. SingPost paid out $0.065 of dividend in 2016 compared to $0.020 in 2017. I patched this hole mainly by deploying more capital this year and scoring a buy in Silverlake Axis. Silverlake Axis has its best dividend yield for years due to its divestment of GIT, with a $0.048 payout or 8.18% according to StocksCafe. Myself, I reaped a 7.19% dividend yield as I missed the first payout this year.

Other notable stock was Karin Tech where it distributed 10.28% of dividend. I have absolutely no idea how they maintain this level of dividend till today, but it is still serving me well despite many years of skepticism.

All said and done, I am satisfied getting more dividends this year and all this was to ensure that I can increase my dividend gradually and eventually able to reap enough passive income to be financially independent. You should starting working on yours too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the blog, seems to be interesting and informative too. Can you suggest some of the interesting places to visit for buy insurance online

    ReplyDelete